Toyota 2KD Crankshaft
The Toyota 2KD-FTV is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder turbo diesel engine that powers various Toyota models such as Fortuner, Hilux, Innova and Hiace. The engine belongs to the KD family and features a common rail direct injection system and a turbocharger. The crankshaft is the part of the engine that converts the reciprocating motion of the pistons into rotational motion. The crankshaft is made of cast iron and has eight balance weights and five journals. The crankshaft is one of the most important components of the engine, as it determines the performance, durability and efficiency of the engine.
The Toyota 2KD-FTV crankshaft has the following features:
- It has a deep-skirt cast iron cylinder block with 92.0 mm (3.62 in) of the cylinder bore and 93.8 mm (3.69 in) of the piston stroke for a capacity of 2,494 cc (152.2 cu·in).
- It has a compression ratio of 18.5:1 for the 2001-2004 models and 17.4:1 for the 2005+ models.
- It has a rubber timing belt that drives the intake camshaft only, while the exhaust camshaft is driven via a gear on the intake camshaft.
- It has an aluminum alloy cylinder head with a dual overhead camshaft (DOHC) with 16 valves (4 per cylinder).
- It has a direct injection 4-stroke common rail diesel engine (D-4D) system that provides ultra-high injection pressure up to 200 MPa (29,000 psi).
- It has a turbocharger with a mechanical wastegate valve or variable nozzle turbine (VNT) depending on the market.
- It has an air-to-air type intercooler mounted on top of the engine for some models.
- It has a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system for some models to reduce emissions.
The product info of the Toyota 2KD-FTV crankshaft is shown in the table below:
|Material||Forged Steel or Cast Iron|
|Production Process||Forging or Casting + Heat Treatment + Machining + Grinding + Balancing|
|Application||Toyota Hilux, Fortuner, Innova, Hiace|
|Displacement||2.5 L (2,494 cc)|
|Bore||92.0 mm (3.62 in)|
|Stroke||93.8 mm (3.69 in)|
|Compression Ratio||18.5:1 (2001-2004) or 17.4:1 (2005+)|
|Power Output||From 102 PS (75 kW; 100 HP) at 3,400 rpm to 144 PS (106 kW; 142 HP) at 3,400 rpm|
|Torque Output||From 200 N·m (20.4 kg·m, 147.4 ft·lb) at 2,400 rpm to 343 N·m (35 kg·m, 252.8 ft·lb) at 2,800 rpm|
Other Models Available
we can also develop customed/Billet Crankshafts per your drawing or sample.
If you are interested in our products or have any inquiries, please feel free to contact us, Our teams are always here to support your business